Please join us for a May 4 2014 Lovefeast, where Spirit of Peace Lutheran Church will host the the Moravian Churches of Milwaukee on May 4, 2014.
Please use this link to view our revised constitution as we prepare for the merger:
Divine Word/Pentecost has chosen a new name:
Spirit of Peace Lutheran Church! We hope you join us in growing in spirit together under this new name for our church. Thank you to everyone who contributed ideas.
Divine Word Pentecost Lutheran Church
5505 W. Lloyd Street, Milwaukee
(corner of 55th and Lloyd)
… for families with a special needs child/ren
February 12th, 2014, 6:30 PM, Second Wednesday of each month
Educational Event for Church Leaders
How do we TRULY Welcome all abilities…a conversation for church leaders & lay people
Saturday, February 15, 2014, 10 AM to noon
- Hear how to build a more welcome and inclusive church from Aaron Krause, producer of the ‘All Are Welcome’ video
- Understand the differences between ‘tolerance’, ‘inclusion’ and ‘acceptance’, what would you want?
- Learn how sensory challenges affect your special needs members and guests plus ways to help
- Rethink your physical space for better accessibility for all
- Discussion about those members you wish to better serve & those in your community you want to reach
Safe Relationships, Safe Places Workshop
For people with disabilities and their families and/or support system led by Alie Kriofske Mainella
Thursday, April 24, 6:00 PM
Be safe in your relationships
Learn boundaries, personal space and safety awareness
Learn about sexuality and relationships
Awareness > Understanding > Value > Support > Celebration
Please plan to attend the Congregational Meeting following the service on Sunday, January 26th.
Please join us for a Taco Meal at 5:30 on Friday, January 24th
followed by Open Mic Night at 7 pm!
If you would like to see what’s in store, check out these highlights from our November Open Mic Night:
We invite you to enjoy a few snap shots of Pastor Tim’s Ordination, graciously put together by Dr. Abe:
Brothers and Sisters,
Please note that the Moravian Agape Service has been postponed, and will be rescheduled for later in the year. Instead, we will have our normal 10 AM service on 1/5/14.
Peace and blessings to you all as we enter into the season of Epiphany.
Dr. Abe Minister of Music/Artist in Residence